Twin Weber IDF40 carburettor kit to suit VW type 25.
Genuine Weber IDF 40 carburettors – not Chinese copies If you have been quoted a cheaper price they will either be Chinese made or not jetted to suit.
- 2 x Weber IDF 40 carburettors.
- 1 x EMPI type 4 manifold kit with gaskets for engine and carburettor mounting + carburettor mounting studs.
- 1 x EMPI Type 4 hexagon bar kit.
- 2 x EMPI 45mm rectangular filters with washable air filter elements
- Heat insulators between carburettors and manifolds
Total height of assembled kit from centre of engine port to top of air filter 280mm.
Due to increasing engine bay temperatures, especially with the extra heat created by the ethanol levels in modern fuels, and the inherently poor cooling system on an air cooled flat 4 engine, it is strongly recommended that insulation gaskets are used when fitting Weber conversions on these engines to minimize the chances of potential heat damage to the carburettors. The use of a fuel cut off solenoid is also advised, to avoid fuel syphoning into the engine due to the position of the fuel tank.